There are a lot of blogs, web sites, and magazines covering the high tech industry. A lot of these sites repeat each other. Which sites/blogs should you visit daily? I’d recommend the following:
- Venture Beat: this blog is very similar to Tech Crunch and GigaOM. I have found that VentureBeat’s analysis is very thorough, and its coverage is comprehensive. If you’re to pick one, I’d pick VentureBeat. But, Tech Crunch and GigaOM are also excellent blogs. You won’t go wrong with any of these 3 blogs, although it would take some time to read all 3 of them on a daily basis. đź™‚
- Silicon Alley Insider: this site is run by Henry Blodget. As a former financial analyst, Henry does an excellent job analyzing industry news in addition to reporting. He is not a journalist who simply regurgitate what he is told; he thinks critically and analyzes. That’s why I like this site.
- A VC Blog by Fred Wilson: Fred is one of the most accomplished Venture Capitalists during the web 2.0 era. He knows his stuff.
- Fred Thoughts by Brad Feld: another insightful entrepreneur and venture capitalist.
- Valleywag: Silicon Valley gossip. I think we should all thank Valleywag — it exposes the lives of the rich, successful and arrogant people in Silicon Valley. Some people might argue that some of its content are inappropriate, but I like to think Valleywag provides an interesting and different perspective on Silicon Valley.
- Bonus: Marc Andreessen’s blog. Marc doesn’t post very often (at least for the last few months.) So, I’m making his blog a bonus — check it once a while.
If you read these 5 blogs daily, I think you’ll get a pretty good idea of what’s going on in the high tech industry. And you’ll have plenty of materials for chit chat. đź™‚
What are your must-read blogs?