Given the current financial crisis and job market, it’s getting pretty hard to switch jobs. I know a lot of people feel stuck at their current jobs. They’re frustrated.
You feel that you’re not going anywhere. You are not getting promoted. You are concerned about what to do next.
You feel that the upside of your current opportunity is small. But, the alternative is not that great neither.
You don’t like some of the people you’re working with. You have a difficult boss.
How to deal with frustrations? Here are some unconventional strategies:
- Think yourself as a corporation of one person.
- Start a side business immediately. Use the current job as source of financing. so the goal is not to get promoted. Your goal is to diversify your income, which will give you flexibility and freedom.
- With regard to your job, your #1 goal is to keep the job while you grow other sources of income. Also, learn as much as you can from your current job. You never know how your current job will help you down the road.
- It’s not about the job or other people. It’s all about you internally. You need to overcome your internal doubts.
- Treat each frustration as an opportunity — it’s telling you that something is not working. you need to work on it.
- Keep working on your problems. Move forward and build momentum.